Cafe and Lemon Cookies

 Here's how I decorated the cafe and lemon cookies.

 


First, I applied runny dark grey icing with a flat paintbrush. Then I drew outlines of the windows and door with a scriber.


Piped double outlines because I wanted to make the walls around the windows flat.

Then flooded with grey and black icing.

For the window panes, I used "mizuame," which is very similar to corn syrup. (In Japan, corn syrup is not common.)

 


On the grey wall, I dabbed grey icing with a paintbrush to give it a different texture, which is often seen on teddy bear cookies. The stripy awning and the wreaths are royal icing transfers.

 

 

Stripy awnings were leftovers from the cookies below. Anyway I decided to make these cafe and lemon cookies because I wanted to used up leftovers.


 

As for the lemon cookies, I like how the contrast of lemons and leaves turned out. I made lemons puffy, and the leaves thin and flat. I piped outlines of leaves and after they dried, I applied runny green icing with a paintbrush and painted them.

 


You can see the video of how to pipe flowers with a tip on cookies here.






Comments

Popular Posts