Strawberry-themed Cookies and Nerikiri

I made strawberry themed cookies.


 

On the 23rd of last month, I attended norinriko's nerikiri workshop. (Nerikiri is a kind of traditional Japanese sweets, which is made of mainly bean jam and rice powder.) I wanted to take photos of the strawberry themed nerikiri and my cookies together, but all what I did before the workshop was baking cookies. After that, I didn't have time to decorate them and Now I finally finished them.


 

The plaque cutter is available at Daisy's shop. My hand writing is terrible, so I usually trace printed letters using parchment paper and a scriber. This time I use Romantically Free font

The strawberries are molded cookie. I bought the molds from Banggood many years ago, but they don't seem to have the same ones anymore. This seems pretty similar as mine. I used the smallest one which is about 1 cm.

Mini, Silicone, cookiesmold, Tool


I think I used Wilton No Taste Red or SK Pink to tint the dough. The cookie dough itself is yellowish, so you should take into account the yellowish color. Also, after baking, the colour will be lighter than before baked. I also apply ivory shimmer lustre dust after baking, which makes them a bit whitish.

I love using tinted molded cookies as accents. They are easy to make, don't need skills. 

1) Tint cookie dough.

2) Rest the dough in the fridge. (This allows the gluten to relax and keeps nice cookie shapes.)

3) Put the dough into molds and chill it in the freezer for 5-10 minutes, until they get hard enough.

4) Bake them in the 150C oven. Baking time depends on the size of your molds. I baked those strawberry cookies 5-6 minutes.


I added the bird cookies because of William Morris' "The Strawberry Thief".


Below is the photo of nerikiri I made at the workshop. I finished these gorgeous sweets thanks to the teacher who prepared everything. 



The glossy strawberry nerikiri has a whole strawberry inside, and it tastes beautiful! I've got some white bean jam in the freezer, so I'm sure I'll make some again at home soon!

There are a lot of nerikiri recipes written in English on the internet. It takes a while to make white bean jam, but the rest is not so difficult. (I buy ready-made white bean jam, but I think it's not common except in Asian countries.)


Comments

Popular Posts