Pretty Japanese Traditional Sweets: Nerikiri

I attended a "nerikiri" class by norinriko last Friday. 
 
 
 
 
Nerikiri is Japanese traditional sweets made of bean jam and rice flour. I can't share the recipe I learned here, but I think these recipes will work.
 
Nerikiri-dough Recipe
 

 
 
Norinriko's nerikiri style is different from typical traditional one. Her work is always so adorable and elegant in her own way. I love her gorgeous soft pastel colour palette, which you'll notice immediately when you see her IG posts.
 
I've attended her class several times, but I'm not going to master nerikiri and teach in the future or anything. I do this for fun, and to learn something new and different, which would help my cookie decorating. 

 
 
 
The butterflies and leaves on the tulip nerikiri, and the small blue flowers and a bird on the pale mint nerikiri were prepared in advance.
 
They might look good but they are different from the teacher's work, especially the pink flower(dogwood). You need to shape it just with your hands and a stick to make slits. And you need to finish it quickly because it is sticky and gets dry.  It's much more difficult than you expect!! However, when I look at my first attempt about 5 years ago, I think I’ve improved a bit.


 
2 years ago.


 
 
 
Last year.
 

 

Comments

Popular Posts