BTS's Boy with Luv Cookies

I make cookies for my daughters' birthdays every year since I started cookie decorating 9 years ago. This year I chose Boy with Luv (there's the link to the music video at the end of this article) by BTS as the theme because she is a huge fan of the band.

It's a very colorful music video with retro vibe, where you see some homages to oldie movies such a "Singing in the Rain." Like their "Dynamite" video, there are a lot that make you want to cookify. (I hope you'll understand what I mean.)

The cookie in the photo above depict this scene, which I fell in love with at first sight. It made me feel I had to cookify... the pinkish sky at dusk, the movie theater in the distance, the yellow lampposts... isn't it so cute!

For the sky, I applied runny pink-beige icing with a paintbrush, and after it dried, I added purple, pink, and orainge icing with a paintbrush.

 

And the darker and vivid night scene.



I flooded the whole cookie with pinkish beige icing and then painted the sky and the buildings' silhouettes.


And the neon sign in the scene where they sing and dance in the theater.


I wasn't sure how to cookify the sign. It didn't look good at all when I added the yellow blobs and white horizontal lines to the pale pink icing with wet on wet. After it dried, I added the dots with lustre dust dissolved in alcohol and piped the word "Love," and piped dots on the letters, then in the end, it turned out better than I expected.


I also tried to make a dark version of the same scene, but it turned out a little messy.




 

The cookies above are all from the second half of the music video. The first half is all bright daytime scenes. First of all, the video begins with the scene of the movie theater towering in the blue sky.



 

This is a pretty large cookie for me, it's about 8.5 cm wide. If I flooded the whole cookies with sky blue icing and then piped the building on top, it would become very thick, which I don't prefer, so I flooded only the half top with blue icing and then piped the building.

I painted the light orange, dark orange, and the blue areas of the theater. I didn't want to pipe those areas because it would be too bumpy and difficult to pipe letter and other details on top.



I also cookified the door where her bias, V dances and sings, the yellow couch that everyone jumps on, and the LOVE (or ARMY) sign that appears on the roof of the movie theater.



 

image 

 

 

The Boy with Luv logo cookie in the last picture has nothing to do with the music video, but it is inspired by the design of the key ring.





And the star cookies represent the clothes the members wear in the first half of the music video. They all wear high brands such as Chanel, Valentino, and Saint Laurent.

 

Compared to the Dynamite cookies, it was more difficult to think what to cookify and how to depict them with icing. (Just in case, my Dynamite cookies were like this.)

 

However, it was fun to try something challenging, of course. I also made cookies to put on a cake. I'm going to make a cake on weekend though I have very few cake experience, so please cross your fingers! (My daugther's birthday was just before her school exams, so we're going to have a small celebration on weekend, when she has time.)



PS

Here’s the result!

It is sponge cake covered in the mixture of whipping cream and cream cheese, which I learned from Yoko of Sweeten Your Day. It tastes light and delicious. Decorating cake beautifully is so difficult but I'll definitely try it again, maybe in my younger daughter's birthday in August.










Comments

Popular Posts