First cookies in 2021

Hi I'm Noriko, aka Mintlemonade or Cookie Crumbs. I'm a cookier in Tokyo, Japan.

I started cookie decorating in 2012 and I have kept blogging in Japanese since then. I wanted to blog in English to share this fun with more people in the world and now, after years, I've finally started this blog. 


This is the first set I made this year.





I added a quote from "Julius Caesar" by Shakespeare. (Actually it is not the exact quote. It's a modern English translated version.) 

My major at university was English literature and I like reading British and American novels, but Shakespeare is not my favourite. I always like modern literature.

Anyway the quote here seems just right for us in this difficult time. I hope we will be back to our normal life without worrying about that stupid virus. 

 

About these cookies. 

For the last few years I've been into embroidery-like piping.  For this piping, royal icing consistency is the key. If it's too soft, you can't get embroidery-like texture.



Some parts are piped like embroidery and some are not. It doesn't really matter.



I love the combo of flowers and birds. I don't like actual birds though. I'm scared of any birds bigger than sparrows.








Comments

  1. I have two of these hello autumn cookies hanging on my wall. I purchased them at the GOBO bakesale in Door County, WI in 2019 (pre covid...those were the days). They are so very beautiful and I will cherish them forever!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts