The History of Our Cookie Decorating Gatherings

Yesterday I had an online cookie decorating gathering with Y&C Sweets, Atelier Detour, and So Happy. We made a set of summer cookies designed by Fiocco. We'd all definitely love to try sea glass candy and cute puffy crabs. You can watch her tutorial video of these adorable cookies here!

I didn't make everything of the original cookie set. Instead, I added easy cookies such as flowers and birds. 


 
 
Sea glass candies are made of isomalt slightly coated in corn starch.  Aren't these gorgeous!! And look at this crab! I think puffy cute icing transfers are Fiocco's signature.


 

For the last few years, I've had cookie decorating gatherings with the same members several times, not quite often but almost regularly.  Probably the first time is the end of 2018 when we made Y&C Sweets' cute cookie jar full of tiny icing transfers...
 

 

 

 ... and so Happy made me a clear dome for my birdie...

 

 

In 2019,  So Happy showed us how to make puffy characters.

 

 

 Aterlier Detour showed us shabby looking bricks using a stencil.

 

 

What I showed them was the felt-like texture technique I learned from Manu.

 

 

Last October, we decorated cute monster cookies designed by Y&C Sweets.

 

 

I showed them how to make ruffles using a star tip.


 

When I make cookies by myself, I often worry if there's something wrong with the design, or if I should redo something I don't like, etc... But at this gathering, I can fully enjoy decorating cookies without stress. I'm already looking forward to the next one!
 

By the way, yesterday is BTS JK's birthday. I saw several posts of cookies and cakes to celebrate his birthday. Now they are quite popular and a lot of you know he has quite a lot of tattoos on his arms. On my daughter's latest blog post, I learned that there was a petition with signatures from Japanese JK's fans asking him to hide them.

In Japan, it is not rare that idols are not allowed to have romantic relationships or that they are expected to maintain their idol-like appearance, such as strict weight control. I understand these are included in their contracts, but I think it's far too much that fans collect signatures and file a petition about idols' looks.

Unfortunately a lot of Japanese people are not very good at respecting each individual's choices, which is true for me too. I feel my husband and my parents-in-law, who are Australian, respect each other's ideas, tastes and lifestyles. Even if there's something they don't like about other family members, they don't criticize them as well as they don't force them to change it. 

Everyone has a right to choose how they look unless it's illegal. Well, I'll have to stay quiet when my daughter has pink hair after she finishes high school, which she already declared...
 

Comments

Popular Posts