Wedding Cookies

I made wedding cookies.

I especially wanted to make wedding horseshoe cookies. Giving a horseshoe to a bride at her wedding as a sign of good luck is a traditional custom in Western countries, but I didn't know it until I had my wedding in Australia. (I'm Japanese and have never lived abroad.)

At the wedding, my husband's aunt and someone around her age gave me a pretty white horseshoe and a shoe decorated with lace and flowers with ribbon to hold. I thought "why am I being given these NOW? Not before or after the wedding?"  Later I learned that they are something to be given during the wedding ceremony and held in the hand with the bouquet. 
 

The flowers are all different shades of white and grey because they are all leftovers. I think it turned out great, rather than all pure white.


The embroidery-like flowers on the horseshoe are a bit messy, but they look okay because they are white on white. White on white is amazing!!


I made shoes to match the horseshoes.



To make welcome board cookies, I applied runny dark grey icing with a paintbrush. After it dried, I iced the white frames.  


The horseshoe and frame cutters will be available in Daisy's Cookie Cutter shop soon. 

 

For the flower cookies, I couldn't get a clear gradation, but I used white and grey icing in a piping cone. You can see the video of how to pipe five petal flowers here

 

By the way, the last wedding cookie I made is probably a sample set for my workshop in 2014. I started cookie decorating in 2012. I can't believe it's almost 10 years...


Comments

Popular Posts